Traditional Anglo-Papist

31 May 2006

Our Lady Virgin an Queen

Today the Church calls us to celebrate the Blessed Virgin Mary Queen - or sometimes called Our Lady Virgin and Queen (as in my 1962 Missal). I notice (with some confusion) that the Anglican Breviary does not include the festival of Our Lady Virgin and Queen.

On a personal note, this morning while saying Mass I was praying about a number of things. First, I have been considering joining the Society of Mary. Somehow I cannot send the Application for Membership away. Maybe I am just not a joiner. Second, I found the statue of Our Lady (on the left) at the bottom of a cupboard in the vestry. I cannot quite work out how I missed it before. So I have replaced in its rightful place. It is not a cheap mass produced statue either - the artist signed the back. Loxton has a number of original artworks, most noteably the Stations of the Cross. They are know as the Loxton Stations and there is a copy is a cathedral somewhere in England. SO I was praying and I wondering why the statue of Our Lady was hidden in the cupboard.

BTW: I found the following article on Wikipedia on the Society of the Holy Cross.

1 Comments:

  • I notice (with some confusion) that the Anglican Breviary does not include the festival of Our Lady Virgin and Queen.

    No great surprise. The feast was promulgated in 1954, some five years after the Anglican Breviary was published.

    By Blogger Paul Goings, at Friday, June 02, 2006 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home